Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Postmodern Visual Analysis

“Driving is a spectacular form of amnesia. Everything is to be discovered, everything to be obliterated.”

My project includes twelve images: four cars, four negative things, and four cool places. I glued them on the bristol paper and painted the background a nice, dark green. After, I added some lighter green around it and some yellow paint splats. The addition of the lighter green and yellow gave my project an analogous color scheme. After that dried, I used the brush and ink to add a layer of black marks to the project. I think that the focal point is the Great Sphinx because it is in the middle and it is something that everyone recognizes and will look at first. I also included many dots and lines and other shapes in the project to add to the effect.


I chose to use the green colors, because of the part of the quote that says, “everything is to be discovered.” I took that part of the quote to mean discovering the world and mostly nature. The four negatives (the taxes, empty refrigerator, the rain, and the empty wallet), are what the cars are driving away from. The cars are trying to drive away from them because driving is a “form of amnesia.” As the cars drive away from the negative things on the outside of the project, the center shows a few cool places that can be discovered and explored. As you can see, that is the connotative meaning to my postmodern project.

No comments:

Post a Comment