Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Imagination and visualization are both very important components to art. The first thing Calvino brought up regarded some of Dante's work. It was also very interesting how he brought up St. Ignatius of Loyola because that is where we go to school. Calvino also questioned where these images and visions that we imagine come from? The answer I think to this relies heavenly on the person's past experiences and his or creativity. The more creative a person is, the better he or she probably is at visualizing future events. For example, when I played baseball from the age of 5 to 18, I would visualize hitting a double in the gap while on deck. This way I would actually believe I was going to get a hit when I stepped up to the plate. This is an interesting comparison between art and sports, because you better believe the artist has some sort of vision before he or she starts his or her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment